Housing and support
The Housing Plus Team focuses on reintegrating clients within society, particularly helping them with housing and employment issues.
DHI delivers services to support people in finding and maintaining safe, stable accommodation. We believe that having a suitable place to live is crucial to achieving an independent, positive and fulfilling life.
To provide housing related support for people who are experiencing or threatened with homelessness. We can offer support with making homelessness applications, applying for benefits, budgeting, debt advice and support people on the Access Scheme.
We also help clients with:
- Assistance in accessing suitable accommodation
- Help maintaining your current accommodation
- Assistance with welfare benefits and maximising your entitlement
- Practical advice and assistance in dealing with rent arrears
- Help claiming Housing and Council Tax Benefits
- Advice and assistance on budgeting
- Help to access other support and advocacy services
- Resettlement support if you're moving into a new home
- Lifeskills training
- Help furnishing your home
We also run an access scheme which helps people to move into private rented accommodation by lending them money for the deposit and rent in advance. Any DHI support worker can help a client to apply for the scheme. The Floating Support Service supports people accepted by the scheme to move into their property.